Monday, August 26, 2013

The H Truck


About 10 years ago, I lived in downtown Cleveland (4th and Prospect above Flannery's). At the time, I had a 1990 Chevy Cavalier, and I just about never drove it since I walked to work. I sold the car, which worked out well until I moved to Tremont (near the old Grumpy's) and soon after got a new job in the suburbs. My grandfather offered to let me borrow his truck (which he previously bought from my dad) until I got a new car. I didn't hate the truck, but I didn't waste any time buying my New Beetle either.


We called it the Hillbilly truck, which got shortened to "The H Truck."

Over the years the truck got rustier and started having problems. My grandfather can fix a lot of things, but The H Truck proved to be too much for him to keep up. In the last few years all of his patches and by-passes started failing. I told him he should follow-up on his threat to "put a match to it." He didn't, but he did donate it to charity recently. At my request, he took a few pictures before they hauled it away.

Goodbye (and good riddance) H Truck! We'll miss you (sorta)!

No comments:

Post a Comment