Sunday, August 25, 2013

Not Pictured

I did some significant baking this month. I made my oldest nephew's birthday cake mid-month, which was delicious but kind of ugly. It was a three-layer yellow cake with strawberry glaze in the middle layers and a blueberry glaze on the top. The blueberry glaze, as you might imagine, was more gray than blue and might have been striking on a chocolate cake, but was rather blah on a golden cake. It was exactly what the birthday boy wanted so it was perfect. But not pretty.

I made some chocolate chip football cookies for the Superbowl, but I didn't post a picture since they looked identical to the ones I made last year.

I almost took a picture of the spinach pie I made last week. Homemade crust and everything. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment