Thursday, August 15, 2013

Save Ohio Libraries!

I've recently become reacquainted with my local libraries. I go there about once a week to use their resources. Of course, since I'm now using them regularly, Ohio's Governor Ted Strickland wants to cut their funding!

The Save Ohio Libraries and the Ohio Library Council websites have details about this issue, and you may have seen protesters on the news. (I actually saw the linked video on News Channel 5 before I saw it on NewsNet5. That almost never happens!)

I emailed my state representative and state senator in Columbus to let them know my views. If you want to contact your elected officials, but don't know who they are, the Save Ohio Libraries website has links to help you find their names. Also, if you don't know what to say, there are sample letters to copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment