Friday, September 20, 2013

What Are Little Boys Made Of?

I made cupcakes for a birthday party for a boy who turned one. The mom of the birthday boy thought it would be fun to decorate them with the theme of the party, which was, "what are little boys made of?" I guess the modern version of the classic poem is frogs and snails and puppy dog tails so that's how we decorated them.



This one shows off my new cupcake stand, which was a birthday present. It's shiny!

Frogs and dogs


Snails, which were my design. Believe it or don't!

Three for the show.

The cupcake baking cups (liners, papers, whatever) were primary colors, which were a great find. The cupcakes were pumpkin with cream cheese frosting. I accidentally made too much frosting, so I made a second batch of cupcakes the next day (cutting down the sugars to 2/3 cup each). Those got decorated with mellowcreme pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment