Monday, September 23, 2013

Pecan Cake

I wanted to make a dessert for St. Patrick's Day dinner of corned beef and cabbage. I flipped through some recipes I cut out of Real Simple and Martha Stewart Living magazines and found this one for Pecan Cake with Rum Frosting.




This cake wasn't the one I was looking for, but I came across it first and it sounded so good. I know the second picture sucks, but this was the best of the individual piece pictures I took and I wanted to show a view of the actual cake since I kept the cake in the pan for transport and serving. I stuck to the recipe as written with the exception of dyeing the frosting green to be festive and having to bake it slightly longer than suggested. It must have been the glass pan's fault it took extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment