Monday, July 15, 2013

Pacific Northwest Meets Tex-Mex

Smoked Salmon Quesadilla

I bought some awesome smoked salmon Saturday from Crooked River Smokers aka The CFT at the North Union Farmer's Market. I had some on its own, which was fantastic, and decided to use some in a dish. I had no idea what to make until I saw I had one of my grandmother's homemade tortillas left. Thankfully, I had some queso and peppers.

Ingredients:
-Tortilla
-Sharp cheddar cheese
-Jalapeños (mine were pickled) split with the seeds taken out
-Smoked salmon


Instructions:
Cover one side of the tortilla with the sliced cheese, fold it over and bake in the toaster oven at 300 degrees until melted. Take it out, re-open it and place the jalapeños on one side and the smoked salmon on the other. Refold and place in the toaster oven for a minute or two .


Okay, so I probably didn't need to write the instructions.


It was so tasty. I was impressed at how well the flavors meshed. I'm sure the fact that both the tortilla and the jalapeños came from my grandparents' house made it taste even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment