Saturday, June 29, 2013

Super Bowl Cookies

I was invited to a Super Bowl party that was also a potluck event. Naturally, I brought a dessert. I debated about what to bring, but ultimately I decided to make chocolate chip cookies because I thought I had all of the ingredients in (I didn't and had to run to the store on Sunday morning) and because they're ready in a flash.


I made one batch in a large pan so they would be thin enough to cut with a football cookie cutter after they cooled. I made the other batch with my signature no burnt chocolate chips on the bottom method. I used about a quarter cup of dark brown sugar and half a cup of light brown sugar instead of just a 3/4 cup of light brown sugar in the recipe to make the cookies a little browner.
I was surprised that the footballs were eaten faster than the regular shaped ones. I prefer the regular cookies. Actually, I prefer the edges that were left in the pan after the footballs were cut. I like a crispy cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment